Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to love.

I apologize ahead of time if this post is all over the place. I just have a lot of thoughts on this whole subject and cant promise I will get them all out in a very organized manner. 

As I mentioned in my about me I am a major reality show junkie. I cant get enough. Seriously, its like a drug and I am strung out on it. 

The 2nd season of Beyond Scared Straight on A&E started recently and I just watched the 2nd episode the other day. Now I hate admitting this because I am not a crier, but this show literally breaks my heart and can make me shed some serious tears if I let it. These kids on this show are messed up. They are violent, dis respectful, have no goals and could care less about anyone but themselves but man do I feel for them. The violence and and anger is just a cover up for their pain, this is they way they have learned to deal with it, and until they decide to learn a different way, they are headed down an incredibly destructive path.

Whenever I see this show it gets me thinking of how people raise their kids. I am not saying that someones upbringing is an excuse to act a certain way, because you cant play the victim card your whole life but it definitely can help make or break a person. 

 you may not like or agree with some of the things I am about to say. It may even upset you. Know I don't write to offend you, just expressing my opinion and things I have actually seen

So when I see people not disciplining their children and letting them get away with everything because they cry or throw a fit, I am immediately saddened. Some parents these days are raising monsters. Parents don't ever want to upset their children or make them cry. Guess what? The real world is gonna upset them and definitely make them cry at some point, you better get them used to it. Coddling your children and giving them everything they want is only giving them a disadvantage when they are older and not only that it makes your life a whole lot harder also. And I hate to say this but some parents are just stinkin lazy. Don't worry I am not referring to anyone I know, just things I have seen in society. But seriously, did you think parenting was gonna be a breeze? It takes work, its hard, but you gotta do it.

Another thing I have noticed with parents that have teenagers is that they are almost afraid of their kids so instead of dealing with them and their bad behavior they just give up and let them do whatever it is they want. Are you kidding me?!?! Last time I checked they lived in YOUR house, under YOUR rules. Seriously parents, stand up to your kids, because if you don't decide to buck up and raise them yourself, the world will step up and do it for you. I guarantee that. They are YOUR kids and you should be raising them, not the world.

phew! sorry I just had to get all that out. I really could go on for days about this subject but I will spare you. I think I got my point across. 

So your probably wondering why the title of this post is "how to love"

I will explain. 

My sister kept telling me about the lil wayne song called "how to love" and how it was soo good, and that I needed to see the video. Its not that I'm a lil wayne hater, you could just say I'm not his biggest fan so I was just like yeah, yeah, uh huh. 

Well she decided to sit me down and force me to watch it. And I am so glad she did. This video has such a great message, and It kind went along with what I was talking about today.  I believe if you love your children you will discipline them. Now this video isn't about disciplining your children but it does show how you decide to raise and love on your children will majorly impact their adult life in either a positive or negative way. You have the opportunity to build a strong, respectful child with great character, take this opportunity and run with it.

Please take a second and watch this. 



proverbs 13:24 says "A refusal to correct is a refusal to love; Love your children by disciplining them."
Now I know you may think I have no right to express my opinion on this subject because I am not a parent, but you know what? I think I do. I have seen these children, I have met these teenagers. I have seen the outcome of what I am talking about. 

I'm not sure where to even go from here with this post. This is just something that is often brought to my attention in society and it literally breaks my heart. 


When I have children of my own I vow to love them by disciplining them. I pray that our Generation will start to step up and truly love their children.

-Jamie

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme