Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Starbucks is stealing my money........& a recipe.

Noooo, Starbucks isn't Literally stealing from me, but I sure felt robbed when I ordered my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and paid almost $5!!


Has it always cost that much?!? Getting one of those now will definitely be a treat.

So I of course went on the lookout for a cheaper version of this delicious drink and I found this recipe :

 (this one looks more tasty anyways :))


Recipe:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:

2 cups milk
1 cup very strong coffee (4 tablespoons coffee grounds to 1 cup of hot water)
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon spice
2 heaping spoonfuls of pumpkin

Directions:

Pour all of the ingredients into a pot and heat over medium-high heat until the coffee is steaming hot, whisking with a wire whisk until the ingredients are incorporated and a little frothy. Pour into mugs and top with fresh whipped cream & cinnamon. Enjoy!
Note- If you are not a fan of the cinnamon texture, I am seeing in the comments and through Facebook that adding a cinnamon stick to the coffee mixture while heating it can be a great remedy to the cinnamon texture. This way you get all of the cinnamon taste, but none of the grit!  This is just a base recipe that can be played with to your own tastes and preferences.  It is meant to be personalized depending on how you like your latte! Thank you all for trying and sharing this recipe! The response has been overwhelming on this one!
Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Serving Size: 2


Now go and Enjoy your Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte :)
And if you wanna make some extra for me and invite me over that would be nice too ;)
Cuz lets be honest, I will probably just be picking up the pumpkin spice coffee creamer the next time I go to the grocery store and pretend it's Starbucks ;)

-Jamie


No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme