Thursday, August 25, 2011

The things that God cannot do.

"I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and i will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you. declares the Lord and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:11-14

This is what my devotional said about this verse:

" Today endless darkness may seem to surround you, just as the Israelites experienced. maybe it is hard to remember the last time you felt free or comfortable. You've watched your business struggle, your friend fight disease or a child disown you. And you may have lived in this place for such a long time that you consider it a second home.

Whether or not the darkness is of your own making, and whether or not you can see its end, remember this; God owns time. Though he rarely shares his reasons with us, he knows why he allows the pain to continue. And he also knows the date- the day , the hour and the precise minute- when the agony will end. Not only that, but he also knows what he has in store for us when its over. "

When I read my devotional I was reminded of a sermon I heard while visiting Jentzen Franklin's church; free chapel.  He titled his message "Things God cannot do". Before he began speaking I was thinking the same thing that you were probably thinking when you read the title of this post. What? How could he title his message that? God can do anything! But its true. There are some things God just cannot do.

One of those things God cannot do is Lie. He just cant do it. So all those things he promises in the bible, He wasn't kidding. He wasn't lying in the verse above saying that he has plans for us, and not just any plans, but plans to prosper us, and give us a hope and a future! If that doesn't get you excited then you might wanna check your pulse!

God also cannot change. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. So again those promises? Not only are the true and tangible, they aren't changing! The same things he promised the people in the bible he has promised to us!

So with all that said, if you are feeling down or worn out about your circumstances, remember, God promised us an abundant life (John 10:10) Take hold of that promise, its not outdated and its not a lie. And remember that God is never early or late, but always on time. He will bring you through it.

-Jamie 










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post was just what I needed to hear today. Thanks home skillet! Love ya!

Torrie said...

definitely a wonderful post, regardless of one's beliefs. well spoken, well stated, a GREAT reminder to hear!

Anonymous said...

awesome post and blog. i am a new follower.


Asia from A Lady in the Making at

jbraggs.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such an encouraging post! A great reminder for me as your fellow sister in Christ : )

in Him,
Makeupadventures

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme