Friday, August 19, 2011

Peace out Tulsa, I wont be seeing you soon :)

[Isnt this house the cutest??]

After we got Morgan settled in her dorm we took a trip to Missouri for a couple nights to spend some time with our cousin since my sister didnt have to start school for a few more days. This was the house we stayed in. Seriously loved it. Do you see the porch? It almost wraps around the entire house. And part of the back porch is screened so we were able to sit on it one night and watch the storm and drink coffee (amazing!!)
I decided that If I lived there I would never make it to work. I would be on the backporch sipping either coffee or sweet tea and reading all day. I would never leave. Ever.

 [the female fish at the hatchery]

So our cousin drove us around town and while we were out we stopped by a fish farm. I know what you are thinking, a fish farm?? I thought the same thing. But it is for realzzz!
And in the picture above are the female fish that carry all the babies aka eggos!
Look how they are all organized and swim together, it was actually pretty cool to see in person.
 [the male fish]

Then there were the male fish, see how they all swim around eachother without any kind of organization like the females?? I just thought that was funny. You are allowed to think so too.


There was this sorta cave thing, so we took pictures in front of it. There isnt much else to say about these pictures.

 [Roaring river fish hatchery]

Umm can we give mother nature a high five for this day please! The weather was uh-mazing!
After all those hot sweaty days in Tulsa Mother nature really came through for us and gave us a nice cool day, it was perfect actually. 

 [this is what driving through the fish farm looked like]


[me taking out the garbage, so attractive, i know, i know.]

We got back from the fish farm and started making dinner. By we I obviously mean my cousin started making dinner and My sister and I took out the garbage, we all know I dont cook. (oh, you didnt know I dont cook? unless you count cereal and top ramen as cooking, then i dont.) My cousins dog "trax" is the cutest and accompanied us to the garbage can at the end of the road, I felt so much safer with him ;)

 After we took out the garbage, we decided to do a photoshoot in front of the house, it made such a pretty backround!

 [devastion still in Joplin]
Umm what can I say about these photos?
We drove through Joplin on our way back to Tulsa and this is what we saw.
These pictures dont even do justice to the damage that was caused there.
I cant even begin to describe what I saw there that day. And this is months after the Tornados, I cant imagine what it was like directly after they had hit.
My prayers go out to everyone involved.


 [Meeting Megan at the airport]

My other sister Megan graduated tech school from the air force a couple days before we were gonna leave Tulsa, so she met us in Tulsa the day before we left so she could see my sister before she ships off to Korea for a year.


I had fun with my Camera on the plane back to california, Megan didnt think it was as fun as i did.
Did anyone else notice how my face didnt change in all the pictures? Yep, thats talent. 


And can I tell you about the guy on our last plane that looked like he had a chia pet growing out of each ear?!!? It.was.so.gross.
And the guy who was in front of us shamelessly flirting with the blonde girl next to him with whom he would never stand a chance. That was annoying. Wait. I take that back. It kept me entertained.
Oh! and I totally saw a girl that was on an episode of "The millionaire matchmaker"
Is it sad that I totally recognized her from really far away and didnt even have to see her whole face to know it was her? My reality show knowledge is kind of incredible. Just sayin'
Man I love airports :)

 Well those are all my pictures from our Road trip to Oklahoma. 
If you read this post then you know I most likely wont be going back there anytime soon.


-Jamie
Ps. Sooo who wants to start a fish farm with me?!?!













2 comments:

Lauren Nicole said...

You crack me up in those glasses lol...And I totally saw a girl from Millionaire Matchmaker at the DC once! Needless to say, she wasn't with the dude she was set up with.

Unknown said...

lol those are my reading glasses! they are super fun!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme