Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Going to the Chapel....


 On sunday we (the friends and I) went to A bridal show. 
And now I am here to tell you about. With lots of pictures.
 [Look at the cute veils they were giving all the brides :)]

My roommate Hula (above) is getting married!
And whats even more exciting is I am a bridesmaid! K that might not be more exciting then her getting married, but its pretty darn close.

And as I already said, we went to a bridal show!
It was fantastic. Cant figure out why I haven't been hitting these things up before now. You get to sample foods, look at pretty wedding things, watch a fashion show and for only $8! Which is a win-win in my book.
 [swag bag]

"Swaaaag...Stuff.We.All.Get."
If you can tell me where that quote is from you will win a prize. Not really, but You might go up a notch on my favorite people list ;)

These big black bags and the veils helped the vendors tell the brides from everyone else.

 [brochure scanning]

After we realized how long it was gonna take to go from booth to booth we no longer stopped at each booth and looked at the brochures. We just grabbed one, threw it in the big black bag, and moved along. We had food to taste and a fashion show to see!

 [Breanna fulfilling one of the many bridesmaid duties]

I have to admit something. We didnt know what we were getting ourselves into going to this thing. We were not prepared. You know how many of those forms we had to fill out?? Each booth was giving away stuff, so at each booth we had to fill out an entry form (we cheated the system and each filled one out every time giving her at least 3 entries) Dont really know if that was cheating but I can tell you we werent the only ones doing it. Anyways there was another bridal party there who had made stickers with all the brides info on it to just stick on the entry forms. Genius! Wishing we would have thought of it first. Saving that idea for next time folks.

 [snapped a quick pic together while making an appt at the davids bridal booth]

 [I made her show off her super cute maxi dress that I am totally jealous of]
[Breanna practicing her bridesmaid duties for the wedding day]
 [mini makeover]
One of those thousand entries paid off right away and Hula one a mini make-over!
[the bag got really heavy after we filled it with swaaag..]
 [best friends]

[Breanna doing what she does best:organizing]
Dont let that smile fool you though, pretty sure she was yelling at us about something right before this ;)
[Hula checking out one of the perks of all the swag: a gift certificate to a salon!]
[Hula modeling her favorite swag item: hand sanny of course!]


We ended up having a great day and were able to collect A LOT of information. I would really suggest you check out a bridal show before you get married and decide on things like your venue, caterer, photographer, flowers and everything else that a wedding entails. You will be glad you did :)



-Jamie

4 comments:

victory said...

Super cute! :] Swag? The office?

Megan said...

A lovely time :) I am sad I missed the beginning!

Lauren Nicole said...

Umm... how did I not know you had a blog! Geez. Now I have to change my plans a little so I can go back and read everything..And pretty sure that's an Office quote.

Unknown said...

how did you not know?? Jk. I just started it. and yes, of course its the office!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme