Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...

People say you never forget what you were doing when something tragic happens.
And that is so true.
Today marks 10 years since tragedy struck the twin towers and America was brought to their knees.

I remember that day like it was yesterday as I am sure all of you do as well.
I was only 14 and a Freshman in High School at the time.
I remember I was getting ready for school when I walked out into the living room and saw my mom staring at the TV in dis-belief. 
My mom explained to me what had happened, and I can say now I truly didn't understand the toll this would take until much later. 
I couldn't wrap my mind around what had just happened.
How does this even happen? 
It didn't seem real. This was stuff that happened in the movies, not in real life.
As the day went on though I remember it became more and more real to me.
My classes didn't go on as normal that day, but how could they?
I went from class to class watching the news and getting minute to minute updates on what was going on.
I am remembering the feeling of emotions I had on that day right now as I write this. I can usually shut my feelings off about things as long as I don't think about it, but this was something you couldn't ignore. 

Still today at 24 years old I sometimes have to remind myself that this tragedy actually happened, It wasn't a movie or a story told, It really happened.America was really attacked. People were really hurt. People really Died.
I was fortunate to not have any friends or family that were hurt or killed in the 9/11 attack, but I know there were so many that were not as lucky as I was. And I am sure those people don't have to be reminded how real this event was. They are living the reality of it Everyday. 
Lets all remember how real this event was and how so many people were Really affected by it and are still affected by it. 
Lets keep these people in our prayers.
And Lets also honor the Hero's that came out of this disaster. 
Because without them things could have been a lot worse, so Thank you :)




No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme