Friday, November 4, 2011

A visit to my Childhood :)

source

You are probably wondering why there is a picture of Doris Day up above right??

We will get to that in a minute.


In case you didn't catch on in a few of my earlier posts, my parents moved houses last week, and since I live with them, so did I. 
I love my new room :) but that's besides the point.
Anyways....
We have now lived there a week without cable or Internet.
Crazy right??
Idk how I have survived.
And to think that I have to go another whole week without it is even crazier.
Although its kind of annoying not to have it, I realized how much more I get done without it. 
But  no I am not gonna be one of those people who now goes without it because I have realized how much more productive I am since its been gone. Not happening.
so anyways...geez I get sidetracked so easily. seriously you should try having a real conversation with me....its a little bit frustrating sometimes.

Since we don't have cable or Internet we can only watch dvds right now to keep us entertained on our down time. 
But if I want to watch a movie in my room i can only watch vhs movies because I am lame and don't have a dvd player in there.
Now here comes the explanation of the Doris Day photo.
Last night I went through our vhs's and grabbed a few to take to my room, i picked a random one (on moonlight bay with Doris day) and stuck it in and right then my love for musicals and old movies as a child was rekindled.

source


I didn't watch typical movies kids my age watched growing up.
I mean some I did, obviously I LOVE the TMNT movies. Duh. Who doesn't??
But I loved old movies. 
Grease has always been my favorite. I have it on vhs, dvd and own the soundtrack. Yeah, its love.
source

I also had a bit of a romance with the movie great balls of fire. Yep the movie about the guy who married his 13 year old cousin. I think I watched that movie everyday for a while, I can literally picture myself sitting on the floor just enthralled by this movie. Don't ask me why. I am telling you I was a weird kid.

I had a special place in my heart though for Doris Day movies. Especially Calamity Jane, that was my favorite Doris day movie. I have actually only seen a few of her movies because I would just watch the same ones over and over and over again. Seriously, ask my mom.
I just think she is fantastic, and her movies are even more fantastic.

So I just bore you with all this useless information to tell you how I wasn't a very normal child, and my goal now is to own all the Doris Day movies.

I just shared a tidbit of my movie obsessions with you, I could go on for days about all the old movies I love and why I love them, but I don't want to send the people who actually read my blog heading for the hills.

Are there any old movies you guys are obsessed with or still are?
Tell me I wasn't the only one who enjoyed a good song and dance as a child!

-Jamie

ps. I am aware that great balls of fire probably wasn't that old when I was in 4th grade, but I just had to include it because I think its super weird that I loved love it so much.

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme