Monday, October 24, 2011

Football and lots of coffee :)

I am probably the most horrible blogger/picture taker ever you guys.
I kept forgetting to pull my camera out and take pictures all weekend, So I only got a few :(
Here are a bunch of random camera and iphone pics that I did get to show you proof that I did go to a flag football Tournament this weekend.
Enjoy :)

It got a little bit chilly and windy for a bit and Breanna's scarf came in quite handy, it even served as a shawl for a while. The boys kept telling her she looked like Mary from the bible. Yeah they were probably right since we know what she looked like. I'm sure those large glasses were pretty hip in bible times.
And of course every picture I took of Breanna and I was blurry.
The ocean decided to create a lake in the middle of all our football Fields during the night.
 Our girls in a serious huddle.
We actually got a really cute color for our team shirts this year, haven't been to impressed with past years colors :/
Our girls in the teal getting ready to kick some major lime green UCLA butt.
Our girls were seriously beasts out there. I mean as beastly as you can get in flag football that is.
We ended up winning our first two games which is way better then we have done in the past, maybe next year we can take the whole tournament!

Usually at the end of the day there is a closing ceremony of sorts where everyone has dinner together and they have a speaker and some worship and you get to fellowship with your fellow brothers and sisters. 
We have gone every year but this year we decided we were to old. 
Instead we went and had coffee in downtown SLO at the cutest coffee shop ever called cruzburgs.
Seriously if you are ever in the area you need to check this place out, it had such an at home/comfy/I could sit here forever and have you make me insane amounts of coffee vibe. 

They had old books everywhere that you could buy. I was an over achiever and decided to read a rather large book in a different language. Of course I wasn't actually reading, but you know that ;) I just had to get a cute picture :)
And I promise I am wearing shorts ;)
I love how they had random twilight books mixed in with a bunch of older books.
Look at that art work! I'm thinking of stealing it for my living room...

They had such pretty coffee :)
Seriously though, doesn't it look like we are just sitting in someones living room??

All in all we had a great weekend, I am sad to say that this was probably my last year attending :(
There are some people I only see once a year and its at this event so that's a little sad but I will be moving on to bigger and better things next year....which I will eventually talk about later ;)

How was your weekend??
Did you visit any super cool coffee shops or watch college students play flag football on the beach?!?
-Jamie

Ps.
Omg I totally almost forgot to show you the best picture of the weekend:
This was at the campground that is right off of the beach we were at.
I thought this was a joke at first.
It wasn't.
At one point when we walked by they had a sign out inviting any single people to a potluck they were having later that night.
I think its funny that the initials for this group spell out "low" because I think you do have to feel pretty low about yourself to join a group that goes by that name.

p.p.s:
I hate sand.



No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme