Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dorms & Storms.

Early Saturday morning we started moving Morgan into her dorm room.
We quickly learned you shouldn't let some girls dad who you just met drill holes in the wall. oopsies!
But it helps when said Dad is on the school board and takes care of what could have been a big fine.

 Then of course we had to take a drive over to Target and go dorm shopping.
We had two baskets full of stuff, don't even ask me what we bought though.

As the very helpful person that I am I had no problem taking pictures while Morgan and my mom figured out how to pack everything into our tiny car. 
If i remember correctly I ended up in the backseat with stuff piled on top of me. 


Oh and did I mention the whole day everyone thought that I was either the new student moving in or I was the little sister. I felt like I needed a sign on my forehead that said "No, I'm not a new student. and no I'm also not the little sister. I am actually 24 years old."
These are the praying hands that welcome you as you enter the ORU campus.
Fun fact about this statue is that the hands were actually modeled after Oral Roberts hands and its also the largest bronze statue in the world. 
I didn't read that off a postcard my mom bought at the book store either. I just knew it.

 This is the prayer tower and prayer gardens. 
Unfortunately we weren't able to actually go inside the prayer tower because of the flooding from all the storms that happened while we were there. 


On Sunday we had a nice lunch at Ihop after chapel.
Btw, Dr. Rutledge (president of ORU) is a really funny guy. The guy gives some great dating tips.
Apparently I just need to go to a baseball game and bat my eyelashes at a guy and have him explain how baseball works. I plan on trying this tactic very, very soon.


 apparently whatever we did Sunday afternoon wasn't very exciting because I have no pictures of it. Oh wait, we went shopping for gym shoes, so yeah not exciting.
For dinner we went to dinner at cracker barrel so we of course had to take some rocking chair pics :)
 and some of us playing checkers, which I kept referring to as chess. Its like the same thing right??

Well that's all for now, I will probablyy do one more post with pictures from our time in Missouri and the rest of the week in Tulsa.
I just realized I titled this "Dorms and Storms" and didn't really tell you about our storm scare.
I'll go ahead and save that for another post, don't wanna make you guys do to much reading all at once ;)

-Jamie

Ps. Who wants to take me to my first baseball game ;)






















No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme