Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bachlorette Ep. 2 recap! Were these guys on a date with Emily or the Muppets??

So hopefully I have some reality show fans that read this blog, if not you might as well stop reading this post right about now.


Today I am talking about the train wreck of a show that we call the Bachlorette. If this show had only continued airing based on success rates they probably would have cancelled it after the first few seasons. 


I used to watch this show when It was first introduced back in 2002 (why I was watching this at 15 idk) but stopped and just got back into it about 4 seasons ago and have been watching faithfully ever since. 

I always love reading what other people's commentary about this show, so last night during the 2nd episode I took some notes about what I thought while watching.

In the form of bullet points for your easy reading ;)


  • First of all, Does anyone else think Chris looks like he could be Chris Harrison's younger brother??? Please Tell me I'm not the only one. 
  • So Ryan got the first one on one date and was waiting for a private plane to pick them up but instead it was Emily's Tahoe full of groceries. I thought the date was a great idea though, they need more real life dates on these shows, maybe then some of these relationships might actually work out. (probably not though)
  • Can we all agree that the Muppets pretty much stole the entire episode?? I was convinced there for a while that all these guys were more excited to perform with the muppets then actually be on a date with Emily. 
  • Charlie = Adorable. If he became the next Bachelor I would actually consider auditioning for the next season. Also, I would have never known he had a speech impediment. Such a cute guy.
  • Jef. What to say about Jef? This guy is also really adorable. He comes off super confident but you can tell he gets sooo nervous around Emily, and you can tell Emily is Smitten by him already, I think he is gonna make it pretty far in the show. 
  • When Aaron stole Emily from Kalon on the group date Kalon looked like he was going to murder Aaron with his eyes, it was pretty dramatic and made for some good laughs in my house. 
  • Joe got the other one on one date. I thought it was funny when Emily was about to break his heart and told him that she had a great time on the date though and he said "Really?!?!" like he was even surprised she had a good time. And did anyone else notice he didnt even hug her on his way out. I dont think he was trying to be a jerk though, I think he was just nervous.
  • Oh Tony. Poor guy. Seriously I cant believe he stood there the entire time and listened to Emily read that novel that Ryan gave her just to get some alone time with her. And I liked Ryan but I thought that was kind of a jerk move to make Emily read his letter out loud while Tony was standing there waiting to talk to Emily. And what could he have possibly filled up 7 pages with?? They guy had only just met her and had one date with her!
  • When it came time to pass out the roses I was really surprised that John, Alesandro and Alejandro got roses. I don't think I ever even saw her interact with them! and the only time I noticed John was when he was making rude comments about the other guys. If I was the Bachlorette Alesandro would have been sent home the first night for that tan. Alejandro seemed nice enough but I just don't get it. 
  • Then it came down to Aaron, Stevie & the other guy who obviously didn't make a very big impression on me because I don't remember his name. Before she gave the last rose out I yelled "If she picks Stevie I'm gonna vomit!!"
  • She picked Stevie. How could she resist Aaron with his super cute nerdy glasses??? btw they say he is 36 but to me he looks maybe 28. You missed out on some good genes Emily. 



I know I kind of wrote a lot but at least I didn't give you minute to minute updates like some people do. 
Do you watch the Bachlorette? What do you think of this season?
Please share!
-Jamie

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Hi! I am a Fresno area blogger! Would love to meet more bloggers in my area... stop by and say hi sometime!

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Caked Vintage Blog

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme