Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy girls are the prettiest girls.

Oh hey there!

I've been in denial the past couple weeks that spring break has ended, but with all the bridal and baby shower planning I have been doing, I think I have finally snapped back into reality!

I did want to share one more thing I did during my spring break though, are you tired of hearing about it yet??
To bad.

My friend Debbie, who I used to work for is a Foster mom and I babysit for her a lot.
If you know me at all then you know I have an extra special place in my heart for kids in foster care.
I wish I could buy a huge house and take in a bunch of foster kids to love on. 
Unfortunately I am not in the position to do that so until then I Love on other people's kids :)
'Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much...'-Luke 16:10


Imani is Debbie's Oldest and one of the sweetest kids you will ever meet. 
We had spring break the same week so I asked Debbie if I could steal her for the day.

We started the day out by going to my favorite breakfast joint and filled up on coffee and hot chocolate :)
(Don't worry, I fed her real food too ;) )

Then we spent the rest of the day shopping!!
Are you surprised?
I was able to take her on her first trip to forever 21!!


I'm pretty sure your first shopping trip to forever 21 is pretty monumental moment in a 7th grade girls life.

I kept losing track of her because she kept getting distracted and darting from one clothing rack to the next, which is understandable, that place can be a bit overwhelming. 


I had so much fun with this precious girl, cant wait for summer because I will for sure be planning many more days like this one.

-Jamie

Ps. She totally bought a beanie at forever because she wanted one just like mine ;)
It made my heart happy she wanted to be like me :) Even if it is just because of my awesome beanie ;)

1 comment:

bridget anne said...

first, i love the quote you used for your title. i've always thought that was completely true! optimism is a choice. also, you seem like just the sweetest...this post was so refreshing & i love your attitude. loving your blog! xo.

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme