Monday, April 27, 2015

Feeling all the Feelings.



Where to start?
I went from trying to blog twice a week to not blogging at all for a couple weeks.

I haven't really know how to put into words how I've been feeling the last few weeks so I just didn't. That's one thing I am really learning while being here, how to express myself. I've always just kept feelings and what I'm thinking mostly to myself, but here I am sort of forced to express myself more.

We've hit the halfway mark of our time here in Ecuador, which seems absolutely insane to me. It went by so fast which makes me think the 2nd half will go by even faster. I feel like this is the time where the rubber meets the road. At this point life here in Ecuador now seems pretty normal. I'm not just here visiting, this is where I am living life right now. This is where it can be really easy to start to get lazy about everything we do here because it isn't so new and exciting anymore, its just what we do now. My type of personality has to really fight against this, when things aren't as exciting to me anymore I tend to naturally put less effort into them and start looking towards whatever my next "new and exciting" thing will be. Although I am starting to plan for when I get home and what my next steps will be after I finish this program I don't want that to take away from the here and now.

We start spring break on Friday and I think its the perfect time to step back and have a time of refreshing so we can all come back and finish strong. Honestly it's a little scary to start thinking about what to do when I go home. I feel like because of all that I have learned and have yet to learn it has given me a responsibility to do something with it. It's a bit overwhelming and exciting all at once. So that's where I'm at right now, kind of at a crossroads, feeling all the feelings if you know what I mean.

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme