Sunday, May 24, 2015

6 weeks left in Ecuador.

I feel like it was just yesterday I was writing the post about only being in Ecuador for 6 weeks, and now I only have 6 weeks left here. Where did the time go? I felt like it was high time I updated everyone about what I have been up to the last few weeks here. Almost 2 weeks ago we all got back from spring break. If you have been following me on instagram or facebook then you know my spring break did not end as well as it started. I was able to travel to Tena and Banos which was so much fun. My hair did not quite agree with the jungle weather lol but it was really neat to travel and see different places in Ecuador. I finally was able to go to 'Casa de Arbo' also known as the swing at the end of the world, which I have wanted to go to since I was in Ecuador last year. After Banos we took a 10 hour bus ride to Mantanita, which is a beach town on the coast. On that bus ride is where I got robbed of my camera and ipad. I didn't really allow myself to be upset about it at all when It initially happened because i knew it wouldn't help anything but I ended up having a little bit of a meltdown while at the beach because I just let my emotions fester until I couldn't contain it anymore. I just felt so violated and taken advantage of, if you've ever been robbed then you know what I mean. As a photographer having my camera stolen has made me almost feel like I am missing one of my limbs, my camera was my creative outlet and now its gone. I refuse to let the situation steal my joy but I would be lying if I said I don't randomly get upset and angry about it.
Our awesome hostel in the middle of the jungle.


After we all got back from spring break I think we were all in some sort of funk. I'm not sure what it was exactly but everything seemed a little off. This past week though we had a good talk (or kick in the pants, whichever you want to call it lol) with Greg and Christa about our attitudes and I think we all kind of kicked it back into gear and I think our week went so much better. I think we all want to finish these last 6 weeks we have really strong.

I am still enjoying our classes so, so much! We have been getting into building websites this past week which I am so excited about. I am always wanting to learn new computer skills and building websites is a really handy skill to have these days. I am trying to soak up as much as I can in my classes because I know I will really miss the learning environment we have here in Ecuador. If I could take classes and them be just like the ones here I would be taking all kinds of classes at home. I'm sure I will have a lot more to share for my last few weeks here. It's so crazy to me that I will be able to say I went and lived in a foreign country for 5 months at the end of this. Here's to finishing strong!

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme