Thursday, May 9, 2013

Beauty on a Budget!

In case you weren't aware I am obsessed with anything hair or make up related.
But like many people I can't afford to spend a ton of money on high end make up. Don't get me wrong I love high end brands and I even used to only use MAC face products (back when my parents still paid for my make up) and urban decay is my fave for eye shadows but for your basics you can find products that work just as good in the drugstore that are A LOT more affordable.
Over $20 for a tube of mascara??? Ain't gonna happen, you know how fast I go through that stuff??
I am always trying out the newest beauty products at the drugstore to see if its really gonna do what it says. So over time I've collected some favorites that I thought I would share with you!
I think I am going to break up the posts because I have quite a few products to show you :)
Here we go!

Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation: around $9


 


I recently started using this foundation and I LOVE IT!! I've already used an entire bottle and repurchased it. I do my make up at 5:30 am so I need it to last a really long time for it to look even decent at the end of the day. This does just that. My face doesn't get greasy or oily throughout the day like it usually does and it covers really well. I would say this is a full coverage foundation so if you like more of a light or medium coverage then You may not like it. Although I just don't understand the point of foundation if it isn't full coverage but that's just my opinion. It says it has primer and concealer in it and although I still do use concealer I noticed that I don't need to use it as often as I used to with other foundations, this one covers so well.

Flower BB Cream: $12.98






If you haven't heard of the new brand Flower its a cosmetics line that is only sold at wal mart created by Drew Barrymoore. This is the only product I have tried from this line but I really, really like it. For those days when you don't want to wear a ton of make up you could just use this and with some powder and blush and be done. It really does a great job of evening out your skin tone . Like I said though when I wear face make up I like to wear it to completely cover my face, so I use this under my foundation on days when I know I am going to be busy all day long and need my makeup to last extra, extra long that day. When I do use this I don't need to use concealer at all, it covers everything! It creates a very nice palette on your face to apply the rest of your make up. It is very matte though, so if you like more of a dewy finish with your make up you aren't going to get it with this. Also maybe not the best product for people with super dry skin. This has become one of my favorite face products recently though, I am really impressed with it.

Hard Candy Tattoo Concealer:$6.00




First of all can we talk about how much product you get for the price of this stuff?? Such a good deal.
So this is supposedly supposed to be able to cover tattoos (haven't tried covering mine with it, so I can't vouch for that) so it is obviously a thicker consistency. A little goes a long, long way. I can't even remember when I purchased this but my tube isn't even close to being empty and I wear make up every day. This brand is also only sold at wal mart. (sorry, I hate wal mart too )

Maybelline Mineral powder: around $8.99



I use this powder to set my foundation. There isn't much to say about this product except that it gets the job done. I also sometimes use this for concealer too because  I have combination skin so some days my skin is a little more oily then others and using this powder with a concealer brush directly on my really oily blemishes works extremely well. So its kind of like having 2 products in 1!

NYC Bronzer in Sunny: around $2.79


This is a basic matte bronzer that I have repurchased many times. I have tried other bronzers but I always go back to this one. If you like to dust a little bronzer all over your face after your foundation to give you a little color I would suggest this one because it has no shimmer or glitter in it. Especially if you have oily skin you don't want to use a bronzer with any shimmer in it or it will just make your skin look even more oily. I think the color of this bronzer will look good on most skin tones too, plus you can't beat the price!

Wet n Wild Blush in Heather Silk: $2.99


I have a few different blushes that I use but this is the blush I grab for when I I'm not really thinking about it, I know I can trust it to give me a good color every time. You only have to use a little bit and it will give you a lot of color, so you do have to be careful not to use to heavy of a hand when running your brush through it or you may end up looking like a clown. There are other great blush colors in this line that I would have pictured but I broke them :/ oops. Although since they are so inexpensive it wasn't to devastating.

I am not a professional make up artist or anything so if you dis agree with me about any of these that's fine, these are just my opinions that I have formed over time of trying so many different products.

So what are your favorite Beauty products?? I love to hear what everyone else is using!
I will be doing a post highlighting my favorite eye and lip products next so stay tuned!



2 comments:

Kelsey Benard said...

i love/own most of these products. the foundation/bronzer/blush are some of my favorites :) i always love reading your blog, jamie!

Kelsey Benard said...

p.s. do you have a beauty blender? if not, you should try it! it's amazing for blending makeup!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme